The North Shore Labor Council is a coalition of 50 local unions representing more than 18,000 members and their families on the North Shore. Delegates of each affiliated union meet the fourth Wednesday of each month to discuss community issues and organize to support local struggles. The North Shore Labor Council is chartered by the National AFL-CIO and we are committed to upholding their principles.
The main goal of the NSLC is to fight for working families on the North Shore. To do so, we:
- Support a working family legislative agenda and elect pro-working family candidates to public office
- Partner with community organizationswhich share our vision of social and economic justice
- Educate and train leaders ready to take on challenges in the workplace
- Improve the communication between unions in this area
- Provide aid, cooperation and assistance to affiliated local unions in disputes and organizing drives
We serve the cities and towns of: Beverly, Lynnfield, Rockport, Boxford, Manchester, Salem, Danvers, Marblehead, Saugus, Essex, Middleton, Swampscott, Gloucester, Nahant, Topsfield, Hamilton, North Reading, Wakefield, Ipswich, Peabody, Wenham, Lynn, and Reading.